Saturday, July 11, 2015

Donald Trump: The Hair Apparent?

I think I've figured out the appeal of The Donald.

Trump appeals to the inner jerk in all of us. The guy is a successful asshole. Many people get the asshole part right but can't figure out the "successful" part. I think these people are among his biggest supporters.

Trump's genius skill set is playing the Media like it's his personal Stradivarius.  When it comes to sussing out how it's being played, the Media does so with all the skill of Charlie Brown running up to the football Lucy is holding. And, to be honest, they serve each other's needs quite nicely. The result: The perfect trade. Good ratings straight up for Self-Adoration. No draft picks involved. The legion of Media haters love this.

Most of us let our weaknesses harm us. Not the Donald. He's a guy who knows he appeals to bald guys and the combover brigade by flaunting his ridiculous hair. And surprise surprise surprise--lots of people don't like our friends from South of the border.

But alas there is no there, there, when it comes to Donald the public servant. He's all hat and no saddle. Or all horse and no stirrups. All wind and no Tumbleweed? Whatever, I think he's bright enough to know how stupid it would be to elect him President of these United States.

So I think he's in it not to win it, but to pump up the Trump Brand.  I'm no shrink and it's always hard to evaluate Megalomania, of course, so that part's a little less clear.  I may have misunderestimated his Ego, to borrow a word from a former President.

Also, Trump may be starting to believe his own crap. Wouldn't be the first time it happened in politics.

Call me a cockeyed optimist--and I've been called worse--but I'd like to think after a while Trump will semi-intentionally self-destruct and leave the GOP to select among the remainder of its band of venal idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment